Saturday, July 31, 2010

busy busy busy

Now that I've decompressed from JULIA & BUDDY it's on to the next projects:

Write Act II of J&B - set on a sailboat, with a "video clip" of Buddy performing in The Cassandra Directive, which began life as a parody of an actual - if obscure - movie.

Finish PALMYRA NJ which has been floating around for a year now. It's a full-length play loosely based on hippie commune-esque adventures I had back in the day with my pothead ex-husband and various friends, pagans and junkies. Ah youth.

Get a first draft finished of CELIA, my play about an ante-bellum slave with the Tom Sawyer-esque love interest.

Not to mention all the database development I have to do for the NYCPlaywrights web site. Oy.

Busy, busy, busy, is what we Bokononists whisper whenever we think of how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut