Monday, August 22, 2011

JULIA & BUDDY - ready to go!

I finally completed JULIA & BUDDY, full-length version. It only took a whole damn year! I was going to produce it myself but it turns out my old high school friend Cate the anthropologist has a boyfriend who runs a theatre company in Virginia and he's invited me to send my work. It would be cool to have the J&B world premiere in ole Virginny.

If I produce it myself I'm going to wait until next spring and hire myself some serious professional actors, outside the usual off-off Broadway crowd. This play would be perfect for any movie or Broadway actor who wants to strut their stuff. It's a bit of a challenge with all the dialects, convulsions, blackouts and Arthur Schopenhauer impersonations required. The actors will need to have alot of energy.