Friday, August 02, 2013

More research for my play

Now that I've finished reading Atlas Shrugged I have to do other research for my play. I found some excellent resources.

Of course the Front Line episode "The Warning" - in convenient transcript format. As well as a transcript of their interview with Brooksley Born.

Public Citizen (founded by Ralph Nader) has an excellent overview of the 2008 meltdown and the ongoing effort to regulate derivatives.

The CFTC's actual Concept Release which, by merely posing questions about regulating derivatives caused Larry Summers to freak out - before it was actually published.

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act which prevented the CFTC from regulating derivatives.

And a Visual Guide to the Financial Crisis, seen on the left. You can click the graphic to enlarge it enough to read it.