Tuesday, July 15, 2014

More J&B artwork and a meditation on body hair

photo by Linda Jaquez
New production photos, which means new inspiration for a new J&B poster. This is what I have so far.

Am I pimping out the leading man's attractive torso? Why yes, yes I am. However, as I mentioned before, it was his idea to wear his shirt like this. I suggested a T-shirt for this part of the play and this is what he came up with instead. I mean if he's going to offer it, I'm not going to turn it down.

So I do not feel guilty about this at all!

(Well, maybe a little guilty. There's only so much you can do about your Catholic school indoctrination, no matter how much you consciously reject it.)

But they are on a boat. So it's valid. And the actor is not shy about being seen dishabille - or less - in public, as this article demonstrates. Although please note it was a "social experiment."

I'm old enough to remember when it was fashionable for men to have lots of body hair as this image of Burt Reynolds will attest, not to mention this Al Pacino-esque looking cigarette advertisment model, but these days men are depilitating almost as much as women. But since men are into wearing beards so much these days it seems silly to me - they don't shave their faces but they do shave their bodies. What's up with that?