Sunday, October 12, 2014

Rockin out Saturday night

There's my friend Dan's band Saturday night at Fontana's. It's on the Lower East Side and I haven't been in a place like this in a long time - it had no seating except in the back of the room - this is the kind of place where I used to see punk shows (albeit in Philadelphia) and looking at the audience they were once at punk shows too but now they're all old - older than me, many of them. It was kind of depressing, especially when the next band came on (there were a whole bunch of bands scheduled for the evening) who were much younger and their audience was much younger. I really felt old then.

Dan's band did very well - highlight song of the evening "It's not a crack house, it's a crack home" and we all went out for pizza afterwards and Dan and I gossiped about people we knew back when - including an ex-boyfriend of mine who I've been trying to locate via Google for years, and Dan told me he came to Dan's show Friday night in Philly. Although he isn't online, which is typical of him. Offline but alive in Philadelphia, which is a relief, and even W. C. Fields would agree.