Saturday, July 09, 2016

The Pink Hulk in Paradise

HULK LIKE DRINKS
Paradise Factory that is - my friend Valerie David performed her last show of her PINK HULK run Friday night and I was there.

The show now includes something I hadn't heard before in previous readings - when URINE TOWN was being developed, Valerie was in the cast, but she had to drop out thanks to cancer (the first time - her two bouts of cancer which she successfully beat is the topic of her show) but...

VALERIE

I was afraid I would never be able to sing any of the songs in URINE TOWN onstage.
(the look on her face tells us "until now." She sings lines from the opening number from URINETOWN.)

Valerie has a very good voice and she really belts the song. It was one of the highlights of the show. And she had gotten permission from the authors first, of course.

The photo above was taken at the bar we went to after the show.