Sunday, February 26, 2017

Final performance!

Jenna Sander as Norma Jeane, Matt DeCapua as Arthur Miller
From NORMA JEANE AT THE PAYNE WHITNEY PSYCHIATRIC CLINIC

Photo by Renee Nicole Gray

Well this show has taught me once and for all to never do a festival again. Every time I've done a festival, at least one person associated with the festival has been a surly asshole.

And for the amount of money I paid for this show I could have rented a theater myself and done more than just three performances.

But also, this theater is part of a community center which is a terrible location way over between 9th and 10th Avenues. And since the weather has been so warm they've left the door backstage open and both performances have featured a bunch of kids yelling near that open door, clearly audible from the audience.

I'm glad I was able to do this entire play from inspiration to production. It's hard to believe it's been two and a half years since I was first inspired to write about Marilyn Monroe.